$49 per person
$25 / child under 16
No fishing license required
Cod jigging in Newfoundland is a unique experience. Enjoy the experience during our Recreational Food Fishery season! Come fishing with us aboard our BONTOURS BREEZE and experience a true slice of Newfoundland history. It’s so easy to catch cod, you don’t even need bait. The cod here are plentiful and Newfoundland codfish is among the highest quality cod in the world.
To ensure that a fun time is had by all, the maximum number of guests permitted at any one time is ten. We supply your cod fishing equipment. Remember to bring a cooler to store your catch.
NOTE: Cod Jigging is fishing for cod. The ‘jigging’ part comes from the action you do when trying to catch the fish. Then, sharply tug (or jig) on the line as you bring it back up to the surface. Hopefully, along the way, you snag a cod.
- The cod fishing season is determined each year by the Department of Fisheries and Oceans.
- Fishing equipment is provided
- You have the option to keep the catch, a maximum of 5 cod per person, with a cap of 15 cod per boat.
- The tour will run daily during the cod fishing season. For alternate times, private tours are available.
Don’t see a time that works for you? Contact us for a schedule that meets your needs.
ALL OF OUR TOURS ARE WEATHER PERMITTING
- Saturday July 3 – Monday July 5
- Saturday July 10 – Monday July 12
- Saturday July 17 – Monday July 19
- Saturday July 24 – Monday July 26
- Saturday July 31 – Monday August 2
- Saturday August 7 – Monday August 9
- Saturday August 14 – Monday August 16
- Saturday August 21 – Monday August 23
- Saturday August 28 – Monday August 30
- Saturday September 4 – Monday September 6
DepartureNorris Point Waterfront
Departure Time10:00 AM daily. If numbers warrant, a 2:00 PM tour will operate. (Maximum of 10 guests)